Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:44:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Hummel <dnh@darius.pce.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftpd umask (and man page incomplete )

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to set the umask of specific users during ftp
sessions. While looking in the ftpd.c I noticed that there is indeed a
command line option for setting umask that isn't mentioned in the man
page:

                case 'u':
                    {
                        long val = 0;

                        val = strtol(optarg, &optarg, 8);
                        if (*optarg != '\0' || val < 0)
                                warnx("bad value for -u");
                        else
                                defumask = val;
                        break;
                    }

Cool, but I'm really looking for a way to set umask on a per user basis. I
would imagine that wu-ftp probably has this ability, but I would prefer to
stick with the standard daemon. Is there an easy way of doing this with
the standard daemon that I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
Dave