Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 22:29:38 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        moroney@gil.com.au (Phil Moroney)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Copying files to and from a floppy

> Having successfully installed FreeBSD and being new to
> the UNIX enviornment, could you please tell me how I
> can copy files to and from my floppy disks? Obviously
> using "A:" or "B:" won't work.
>
> I think I have to use FTP for the transfers, but I don'r
> know what command I have to use once I am at the ftp> prompt.

Are they DOS or BSD formatted?

The answer is you can mount them if they are either, and copy
to the directory you mount them on.

If they are DOS, there is also the "mtools" package, which gives
you a "dir" and several other DOS-like utilities.

man mount_msdos for details on the mount option.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.