Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:29:10 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Kim J. Brand" <kim@simple-mail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cd-r for freebsd

Kim J. Brand wrote:

> i'd like to use CD-R as a backup media for my freebsd systems.  is there a
> cd-r burner application out there?

burncd in FreeBSD 4 works for IDE CD drives, cdrecord in the ports
collection should work for SCSI drives.  There may be a program in the
base system to write to SCSI drives too, but I don't use one of those.
You'll also need mkisofs from the ports collection to make the ISO image
to burn to the CD.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D