Date:      Mon, 23 May 2005 18:28:14 +0200
From:      nocturnal <nocturnal@swehack.se>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ping core dumped at random char input

Hi

I have no idea where or how to post this to the list but i'll give it a
shot, take your criticism and go on with my life.

I just thought it might be important that people find out about this.

This happened at work when i was pinging a host which was down and out
of frustration i banged the keyboard a bit.

ping: sendto: Host is down
<zping: sendto: Host is down
sping: sendto: Host is down
xda<zsping: sendto: Host is down
^\Quit (core dumped)

So i got a ping.core which is attached, i uploaded it to a HTTP server
so you can download it there if you want.

This is some gdb output but i don't have the time or the knowledge the
debug further.

(gdb) core ping.core
Core was generated by `ping'.
Program terminated with signal 3, Quit.
#0  0x00000000405de088 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000405de088 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000000000103008 in ?? ()
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb)

PING.CORE
http://swehack.se/misc/ping.core
--