Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 18:06:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Frank Wiles <ides@sunflower.com>
Cc:        erich@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: gimp-1.0.0

Hi,

> script-fu-console.o: Undefined symbol `_gimp_message' referenced from
> text segment
> script-fu-console.o: Undefined symbol `_gimp_message' referenced from
> text segment
> script-fu-console.o: Undefined symbol `_gimp_message' referenced from
> text segment

Back when I submitted the pr to upgrade Gimp to 1.0 I had a bunch of
patches to remove these - if you sort through the code the Gimp people
have commented out EVERY other occurrence of these.  Back then Vanilla was
the maintainer and he apparently didn't keep my patches.  In any case...

You can fix this by converting all of the gimp_message calls to ... uh my
brain is locking up.  Since you've obviously gotten the tarball extracted,
you can go in and search for 'message' in script_fu_console.c and you'll
see something like g_message or gmessage or something like that in
addition to the "gimp_message" calls.  Convert the gimp_message calls to
the other *message and then it'll compile.

I have a bad feeling that there are a couple of other places that have
gimp_message commands hiding in them.

You should also make the appropriate patch files and submit them to erich.
That said, I wonder why gimp now compiles fine for me without those
patches...

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

"The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of
transport grow daily more nightmarish.  Only the bicycle remains pure in
heart."			- Iris Murdoch, "The Red and the Green"