Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 18:01:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        "Dennis R. Abel" <Dennis@drabel.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Newbie Question

On 2001-10-22, Dennis R. Abel scribbled:

# Can I, and if so, exactly how do I configure my httpd.conf to return this
# message when an attempt is made to list a directory:
#
# "Directory Listing Denied
# This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. "

Below is what I have in my httpd.conf file to display an error instead
of the directory listing:

        <Directory "/usr/local/www/data">
                Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>