Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 22:07:29 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about making a new machine from an old one

In message <199712170155.RAA04988@vader.cs.berkeley.edu> Satoshi Asami writes:
: That's how I duplicated the 20 machines in our disk array here.  (Of
: course, you probably don't want the "/home" to be copied, but you get
: the idea.)

Yes, but I need to have machine number 1 in this infinite series
first.  Since I don't have a a -stable machine to clone from, I
thought I'd do it from my -stable build tree.  I have many -current
machines that I could clone, but I didn't think downgrading from
-current to -stable was possible...

Warner