Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 95 15:14:03 -0600
From:      Ryan Brooks <ryan@ned.inc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AHC DMA errors on install

During the first write of any install from 2.0.5 thru the current
SNAP.

CONFIG
 Asus TP4XE 16M Ram
 Adaptec 2940
 Dec 4G 5400 SCSI-II drive (255 heads (?), 63 s/t, 486 cyl)
  - runs Win95, NextStep, etc. fine

OUTPUT
 On the install tty: "panic:  Going nowhere without my init."
 On the second tty: "ahc_scsi_cmd0:more than 256 DMA segs"
                    "sd0: oops not queued"

This happens with any part of the install that tries to do a write
to the disk.  It appears to read everything okay,  it recognizes
my first two partitions just fine,  which places my potential
freebsd partition at cyls 345->485.

Thanks for any help!

Ryan Brooks
ryan@inc.net