Date:      Mon, 01 May 2000 17:26:14 -0700
From:      Doug Wellington <ddw@NSMA.Arizona.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How many PCI slots can I really use in an Asus P3B-F motherboard?

Hi folks, I've been having some problems with setting up a RAID system -
everything looked fine at the beginning, but then all kinds of problems
cropped up and now I'm back to the basics...

After thumbing through the manual of my Asus P3B-F motherboard, I'm now
wondering if I can use more than three of the PCI slots...  At first glance,
it looks like PCI slot 1 shares an IRQ with the AGP slot, and slots 4 and 5
share an IRQ.  Does that mean that I can't put a card in slot 1 and only one
card in either slot 4 or 5?

Any other ideas as to why things would go wrong now instead of right away
at the beginning?

Thanks...
-Doug

--
Doug Wellington                         System and Network Administrator
ddw@nsma.arizona.edu          The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA