Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:27:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Thomas Duffey <tduffey@kazak.wmdesign.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   misc/20812: Update magic file

>Number:         20812
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       Magic file missing EPS binary document support
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE, possibly other branches...

	The /usr/share/misc/magic file does not contain information
	for identifying EPS binary documents.  The "file" command
	identifies such documents as "data" rather than EPS documents.

	All EPS documents created on the MACs at our location are in
	this format.

>How-To-Repeat:

	Run "file binary_eps_file.eps".

>Fix:

	Apply the following patch, taken from the Slackware Linux
	distribution's magic file, to /usr/share/misc/magic or
	whatever generates this file when building the world.

	*** NOTE ***
	If patch does not come through correctly, please refer to
	http://www.wmdesign.net/~tduffey/magic.diff

3608a3609,3618