Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:25:41 -0400
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: backport of atapi-cd to -STABLE

Jitter correction is for the crappy (older) CD-ROMs.. Some sort of a thing
about the lens jittering during use that can cause problems with generating
files in RAW mode.

Basically, it removes the problem.. I don't know the logistics of the code
or anything, but it doesnt seem to make problems with my newer scsi drives
to just 'leave it enabled'..

At 01:15 PM 9/23/98 +0200, Andre Oppermann wrote:

>> > What program do you use to read the audio tracks?
>>
>> Soren's version of my version of Charles Henrich's (sp?) cdd (see
>> Soren's ftp site sos.freebsd.org i think)
>>
>> cdd is the best audio reader i have found, the only one which does
>> "jitter correction" (some drives do not need it but many do).
>
>What is "jitter correction"?
>
>--
>Andre

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us