Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:11:14 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: rinit: wrong ifa (0xc09ba580) was (0xc0854880) - candidate for removal

Hi,

Sorry, I mustn't have read the whole message.

This is a feature :-)  It defeats the first-connection problem with
dynamic IP numbers.  It can be disabled with ``disable iface-alias''
and can be kept in control with an ``iface clear'' in ppp.linkdown -
see share/examples/ppp.linkdown.sample.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>