Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:37:51 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   getpwnam and getpwnam_r

Where are the thread-safe, reentrant versions of this routine in
FreeBSD 3.1?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Keep Usenet Free -  http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

Nasrudin arrived at an all-comers horse race mounted on the slowest of oxen.
Everyone laughed, an ox cannot run.
"But I have seen it, when it was only a calf, running faster than a horse.",
said Nasrudin. "So why should it not run faster, now that it is larger?"