Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 18:46:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Stanaford <rsstan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   LC_TIME and STABLE...

Hi all,

I have been searching the mailing list archives for the last two hours and I
haven't found a clear solution to this problem....

While performing 'make installworld' on 4.0-STABLE I get the following...

pid 4543 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 12 (core dumped)
"/usr/src/Makefile", line 101: warning: "LC_TIME=C date" returned non-zero
status

This is after performing the following steps..

cd /usr/src
make buildworld
cd /usr/src/sys/modules
make install
cd /usr/src/sbin/mknod
make install
reboot
<in single user>
cd /usr/src
cd gnu/usr.bin/texinfo/install-info
make install
cd ../../../..

I tried the suggestion of 'make -k installworld' but that yeilds..

pid 4544 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 12 (core dumped)
"/usr/src/Makefile", line 101: warning: "LC_TIME=C date" returned non-zero
status
***Signal 12 (continuing)
'installworld' not remade because of errors.

If someone has the idea of editing the Makefile in /usr/src, there is a
problem.  Vi and Ee cannot open the dumb terminal and Pico complains about an
incomplete termcap entry.  So, unless there are other ideas out there, the
Makefile cannot be edited in the current system state.

/usr/src/UPDATES yeiled no info that I could find.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-rs