Date:      Wed, 1 May 1996 06:49:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Freebsd-questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mosaic-2.6, 2.7b4 & Xm.h

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Barry Masterson wrote in message ID
> <Pine.BSF.3.91.960430214504.350A-100000@jbarrm.dialup.access.net>:
> > Can anyone here please offer some suggestions as to why this may
> > be happening, or where Xm should be?  Is Xm even needed for FreeBSD?
>
> Mosaic needs Motif in order to be compiled. Xm is the Motif include
> files... Motif is a commercial product. See the Vendors page on
> www.freebsd.org to see who sells motif for FreeBSD (AFAIR the
> currently recommended one is X Inside, http://www.xinside.com/)

Thats horrible, how did this happen? I have to buy a commercial in order
to use this free product? There must be some way around this.  Does this
apply to Chimera?  Is Netscape the only game in town?  And this Motif,
does it come with the source code?

Barry Masterson
jbarrm@panix.com
  FreeBSD   2.1.0-R