Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 1996 01:22:14 PDT
From:      faried nawaz <nawaz921@cs.uidaho.edu>
To:        "K.V.S. Sankaram" <kasturi@teil.soft.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org

"K.V.S. Sankaram" wrote...

 1) When I am trying to use the BPF function in FREEBSD by including the header
    files, the compiler is showing parse errors in the header file. If that is
    the case then how come kernel compilation could succeed ?  Also, the
    FREEBSD tcpdump command, which uses BPF, is working fine.

What errors, exactly?

 2) Is not the function ftok() system call, used in SYSTEM V IPC, supported by
    FREEBSD ?  It is not present in any of the header files.

It's there for me in /usr/include/sys/ipc.h --

key_t ftok __P((const char *, int));

but I'm running -current, not 2.1.0-RELEASE.