Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:09:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>
To:        Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Yoshihiro Koya <Yoshihiro.Koya@math.yokohama-cu.ac.jp>, <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Xwrapper and xdm exited on signal 11

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Jim Bryant wrote:

JB>Harti Brandt wrote:
JB>>
JB>> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Yoshihiro Koya wrote:
JB>>
JB>> YK>I CVSuped at Thu Jul 19 11:33:58 UTC 2001, and did make world.
JB>> YK>Then Xwrapper always exits on signal 11, and I cannot use X11 now.
JB>>
JB>> You need to recompile all ports using pam. See /usr/src/UPDATING.
JB>
JB>Is there any extensive list of the ports that have a dependancy on libpam?

[SNIP]

A doubt that it will be possible to maintain such a list. However you
could use something like

for i in /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/X11R6/bin ; do
  ldd -f '%a %o\n' $i/*
done 2>/dev/null | grep libpam

to get a list of binaries which depend on libpam. I'm not sure how to find
out which shared libraries depend on libpam, ldd shared-object.so does not
work.

harti

--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private