Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:26:23 -0800
From:      Kevin Bailey <noone@nowhere.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP: ypbind flooding network

I'm in a situation where my machine can't always reach
the NIS server. It seems that in this situation, ypbind
"goes haywire" and starts flooding the network with
broadcasts (actually RPC's to the MAC and IP broadcast
address.) Each packet seems to be different (according
to a sniffer) so I don't think there's a broadcast loop
somewhere. Is there any way to atleast throttle this ?

I'm using FreeBSD 4.1.1.

Thanks