Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:44:08 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   lpd job size control

I apologize in advance if this is something that has already been dealt with,
but since it has taken me quite a long time to figure out, I need to whine a
bit :-)

The handbook, in the section about printing:
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/printing-advanced.html
mentions that in order to specify that you don't want to enforce an upper limit
in the size of an lpd job, you should put "mx#0" in the printcap file. The text
implies that the default behavior is that there is no limit on the size, but as
I have found out (3.0-RELEASE) the default behavior imposes a limit of 1MB IIRC.
I believe that this is the correct behavior (to have a default limit), but IMO
it should be pointed out clearly in the handbook.

Thanks,

Panagiotis Astithas

National Technical University of Athens