Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 2013 16:15:54 -0800
From:      Lee Brown <leeb@ratnaling.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   BIND chroot environment in 10-RELEASE

Just a regular admin...

Personally I would prefer to NOT have python in base, hidden or otherwise.

I don't see BIND as being part of base anyway.  The LWR is sufficient for
base.  BIND is a service for other machines on the network.  Just like I
wouldn't want apache to be in base.

For example I'm installing FreeBSD on a laptop.  Do I really need BIND?
 Not really.  However when I build a server for a LAN, then I want to bring
in BIND, git, apache, etc...

If I have a one time migration of BIND in my migration from 9 to 10, so be
it.  I'm used to having to do *some* work on a major number upgrade after
all.  I'm happy to jail it and use the port vanilla.

I do agree this could have been managed better though.  This is not the
level of engineering I am used to from FreeBSD.  Having said that, the
level of engineering is, IMHO, far superior to most other OSs I've worked
with.

Thanks to all (past, present and future) who contribute to the effort.