Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:29:45 -0600
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linksys 10/100/1000 32-bit NIC

At my usual supplier, the Intel Pro 10/100 NIC has been backordered for
several weeks, so have been looking at other possible NICs.

Before I try one, has anyone on the List installed the NIC below on a FBSD
machine? If so, what FBSD driver does it use and does its performance
measure up near the hype?

<snip/>
Mfr Linksys
Mfg P/N EG1032
...the Instant Gigabit Network Adapter is a high performance network
adapter for PCI local bus computers. Boasting an incredible maximum data
throughput of 2000 megabits-per-second in full duplex mode, it includes
10BaseT/100BaseTX/1000BaseTX port...
</snip>

Feedback appreciated.... thanks!

Best regards,