Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 22:02:02 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Yoshihiro Koya <Yoshihiro.Koya@math.yokohama-cu.ac.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xwrapper and xdm exited on signal 11

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Yoshihiro Koya wrote:

> I CVSuped at Thu Jul 19 11:33:58 UTC 2001, and did make world.
> Then Xwrapper always exits on signal 11, and I cannot use X11 now.

Everything linked to libpam.so.1 was broken by recent changes in libpam.
The pam modules that go with libpam.so.2 are incompatible with the ones
that go with libpam.so.1.  The latter were clobbered by the recent
changes since they don't have version numbers.

I work around this using the hack of replacing libpam.so.1 by a symlink
to libpam.so.2.

Bruce