Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 1995 12:45:44 -0400
From:      "S DAVID PULLARA" <davidp@otter.cs.yorku.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install queries

Hi there.

I tried installing 2.0.5 last night from msdos, but it didn't display
the partition the binaries were on.  I re-read the install guide and
realized that 2.0.5 can't read an extended dos partition :(  Please
correct me if this is incorrect.

So I tried something neater: install via FTP.  Only trouble is I'm not
sure of some of the parameters (the one's I tried didn't work).
Here's a brief description of my situation.  I call a phone number
with my computer/modem which connects me to York's terminal servers.
I think their IP address (I don't know if I'm using this term
correctly) is yorku.ca.  From here I normally do a rlogin to the host
machine I work with at York.  However the terminal server supports ppp
and slip.

So in trying to use ppp for the installation, i need to specify:

1. my host name  (I think this is...what?  anything.foo.ca ?)
2. my domain name (I think this would be 'ca'?)
3. Gateway        (I don't know what this is: how do I find out?)
4. Domain name server (I think, it might be 10.2.0.78 ...how can I
   verify?)

Sorry for the long-winded message.  I just wanted to give you enough
info to give you an idea of my situation.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
S. David Pullara