Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 1999 13:33:53 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Jonathan Michaels <jon@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>, "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@iMach.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Colin <cwass99@home.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug-fixing previous -RELEASE, was Re: speaking of 3.4...

Jonathan Michaels wrote:

> or put anouter way, is it possible to pick and choose the
> patches (updates) that come down the cvs pipe every night ?

	I addressed this in my post yesterday, but I'll mention again briefly
that what you suggest is possible for an experienced user, but because
it's very likely that Fix A depends on some bits from Fixes B, Q and L
what you are suggesting would likely be more difficult than just
tracking -Stable in toto.

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"