Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 1999 17:18:42 +0000
From:      Martin <Martin.Zibert1@guest.arnes.si>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp and ethernet problem

Greetings..

I'm new with FreeBSD and I'm using FreeBSD 3.2. At home i have two
FreeBSD boxes both running on 3.2 RELEASE. They are linked with
ethernet. Now here is the problem: one box is connected to inet and
another isn't, but i want the other box to be connected to inet through
the first one. First box is using ppp and has a dynamic IPs. I want to
be able to connect box 2 through box 1, but still have IP that box 1 has
it. What must i do ? What files do i have to edit ?
And the other thing.. I bought ethernet card.. what IP should I "give"
to that ethernet card ? Is it important ? If i connect box 2 through box
1 will i have IP that ethernet 2 (ethernet card that box 2 is using it)
has it ?
If anyone can help me i'll be very happy.
btw: maybe my english isn't very good.. sorry :)
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all of you!
bye..

Martin

--
Martin Zibert <martin.zibert1@guest.arnes.si>