Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 1995 18:45:34 -0500
From:      mikhail@klm.com (Mikhail Kuperblum)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Poor NFS performance under FreeBSD

It there any way to tune up a NFS performance with FreeBSD? I have
FreeBSD v2.0.5 box as a server, on the client side is SCO Unix OSE 5
connected via ethernet (SMC 8216). I've done all I could on the
client's side, but still it takes about 8 times as long to copy
a file over NFS than, for example, via ftp. Is there anything
tweakable in FreeBSD setup that can make a difference? BTW, I can't
find any trace of rpc.lockd or rpc.statd under FreeBSD. Aren't
they required? Thanks for any help you can provide and, since
I'm not a subscriber to this list, if you'll respond, please
Cc to mikhail@klm.com.

--
mikhail