Date:      Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:07:37 -0500
From:      "George S. French" <fuzor_silverbolt@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rz ZMODEM  functionality in freebsd's openssh like redhat9?

Dear FreeBSD Questions List,

I decided to do the big switch over from Red Hat 9 to FreeBSD due to the
short product lifetime of the RedHat products. I'm hopeing that FreeBSD
versions have a long product lifetime.

Anyways, I wanted to know if it was possible to add rz Z-modem capabilities
to FreeBSD's SSH server like RedHat 9 had. I am currenty using FreeBSD 4.9
Stable and have installed lrzsz and zssh from the ports collection. On my
desktop my SSH client is Vandyke Secure CRT.

When I execute lrz, Secure CRT opens the Zmodem transfer box asking for the
file list be transferred as usual. I add the files to the list then click ok
to send the files. Shortly afterwards Secure CRT shows an error message that
says: "Zmodem transfer cancelled by the remote side."

I've been looking all over the internet for possible answers to this
problem, but everything either points to installing zssh or kermit, which I
am not interested in kermit.

Thank you for reviewing and considering my questions.
~George

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime