Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 2014 09:58:29 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: p5- ports not installing

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 09:08:18AM -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > After handling the recent perl5.18 upgrade with no apparent problems,
> today
> > I tried upgrading two p5- ports, p5-IO-Socket-IP and 5-URI, and both
> failed
> > to install due to packing list issues with the .packlist file. (Hmm. A
> > .packlist packing list problem.)
> > pkg-static:
> >
> lstat(/usr/ports/net/p5-URI/work/stage/usr/local/./usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.18/auto/URI/.packlist):
> > No such file or directory
> >
> > Is this an isue with my system (something not updated correctly) or is
> > there a perl issue?
>
> The following is largely based on ports/UPDATING entry 20141127.
>
> After I encountered that kind of thing, did the "svn revert -R
> /usr/ports/net/p5-IO-Socket-INET6/" got net/p5-IO-Socket-INET6 to
> install OK, but then net/p5-IO-Socket-IP had a similar failure, so I
> just "svn revert -R /usr/ports/net" -- and didn't have further problems
> for today's update.
>
> Peace,
> david
> --
> David H. Wolfskill                              david@catwhisker.org
> Actions have consequences ... as do inactions.
>
> See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.

Thanks, David.

Adam already pointed this out in a private message and that fixed it
nicely. I had read the UPDATING entry back on the 27th, but the problem
didn't appear until a week later and I failed to associate the error I got
with the UPDATING entry. My bad!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com