Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:52:45 +0100
From:      Phil Regnauld <regnauld@EU.org>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The infamous dying daemons bug

Tony Kimball writes:
> Lately, I'm still seing lines like this:
>
> > Apr 19 12:03:43 lupo /kernel: swap_pager: suggest more swap space: 124 MB

	I have a stupid program that mallocs all the memory it can, then gets
	shot by the system.

	The system has 128MB RAM, and 256 MB swap.

	Around 100MB of swap used, the system comes out and says:

/kernel: swap_pager: suggest more swap space: 254 MB

	- Is it supposed to come out that early
  - What is the suggestion based on ?  Is it telling me
	to _add_ 254MB of swap to my system (+ 254 = 510 MB), or
	to _increase_ my swap space, which already is above
	254 ?  This looks a bit weird...