Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:53:33 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   /boot/device.hints

SOrry if this is not terribly mobile centric but
I'm turning back to the wi0 pccard installation problem again
after I had the occasion to get my notebook again to a network where I
could cvsup again.

I built a new kernel, did a make depend; make. Then make install
yields:

You must set up a /boot/device.hints file first.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/KUKUBOOKNEW

But I have a hints line in my kernel config file
saying it should compile in a KUKUBOOKNEW.hints file.

So why this message?