Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 10:13:19 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Gerard Giamberdine <gerard@dimensional.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    Can't find kernel after partition changes - part II

> > Now at the boot prompt it says it can't find the kernel.
>
> Copy your first partition entry to slot 3 and mark slot 1 as unused.
> FreeBSD boots from the 'a' virtual partition in the *first* FreeBSD
> slice.

Okay, it can find the kernel again. Have another problem though - right
after the fsck's in rc (mount -u -o rw /) it stops with:

  /dev/wd0s2a on /: Specified device does not match mounted device.
  Filesystem mount failed, startup aborted.

Mount shows that 'root_device' is mounted on / as read-only. I think I
understand what's going on here, but am not sure how to fix it - /dev
reconfig, something in /etc? Thanks again for your help!

Gerard Giamberdine