Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 1996 15:06:37 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ludger Bolmerg <bol@munichre.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mitsumi IDE CD-ROM

Hi,

I have got a FreeBSD 2.1.0 release and want to run a Mitsumi IDE CD-ROM
FX400. The CD-ROM is the only device on the IDE Controller on the
motherboard. All other devices (disks, tape) are SCSI devices.

Can you give me a hint how to configure the kernel to get the CD-ROM running?
Using the GENERIC kernel I get a message at boot time:

mcd0 Timeout getting status

Are IDE CD-ROM devices supported in this type of hardware configuration?

Thanks for your help
Ludger