Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:12:02 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Media changer relative movement?

Does chio(1) offer any relative movement options when working with a media
changer?

For example, I have an HP SureStore DAT changer.  With a tape loaded into
slot 0, I have to do the following chio commands to load the tape from the
next slot:

chio move drive 0 slot 0
chio move slot 1 drive 0

It's not a lot of commands per se, but I have to know what tape is in the
drive (so I can put it into the empty slot) and which slot the "next" media
should come from, which adds a fair amount of thinking to a simple dump
script.

What I'm looking for is a "next" command to chio that would simply load the
next tape, either returning an error when the last slot was reached or
functionality that I had under linux with mtx.

Does this exist in chio and I'm just missing it from the man page, or is a
go-code-it-yourself-lazy-bum type deal?