Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 12:15:46 +0000
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/10134: New port: lynx-ssl (Category: www)

On Wed 1999-02-17 (15:20), Stefan `Sec` Zehl wrote:
>  > I haven't looked at the port yet, but is this just a modified version of the
>  > lynx port, with something like --enable-ssl turned on? It may be more
>  > efficient to just add a USE_SSL variable in the port makefile and hang off
>  > that.
>
>  It does fetch an extra patch. And it it is "RESTRICTED" due to use of
>  crypto code. Reason enough for a new port IMHO.

How about adding to the existing port:

.if defined(USE_SSL)
RESTRICTED=	"Contains cryptography"
PATCH_SITES+=	http://foo.bar.example.org/
PATCHFILES+=	ssl_patch.gz
.endif

Of course, this may lead to problems if lynx advances faster than the patches
come out by a large pace.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner