Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 15:13:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      Leif Neland <leifn@swimsuit.internet.dk>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   EXT2FS should be in GENERIC

Now I have solved how to mount my ext2fs from /dev/da0s1 or /dev/sd0s1.

The reason hadn't anything to do with /dev/da*, it was because EXT2FS had
to be compiled into the kernel.

May I suggest EXT2FS is included in the GENERIC kernel? This would make it
easier enlightning those misguided souls running linux, when Freebsd out
of the box can read their disks.

Or at least the option should be at the top of the GENERIC config
alongside the other FS's like MSDOSFS and CD9660 (perhaps commented out)
instead of being hidden at the bottom of LINT under "More undocumented
options for linting"

Leif