Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:56:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Update process for http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html?

The port I submitted for GPSman (astro/gpsman) was recently committed
(thanks, kevlo!), so I sent a note back to the author of the code
itself (Miguel Filgueiras) to let him know about this.

His response indicated that he had looked around at http://www.freebsd.org/,
but was unable to find a reference to it.  So I looked around, and starting
from http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html, I selected "astro", getting
to http://www.freebsd.org/ports/astro.html; sure enough, I do not see
anything resembling either "gpsman" or "GPSman" on the page.  And a search
for "gps" from http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html fails to turn it
up, as well.  (The pages in question claim to have been updated as of
today, as well.)

This struck me as odd, since the commit was back on 23 December:  I would
have thought that the port's existence would have shown up by now.

Am I, perhaps, merely confused (again -- or still)?  Or is there
something I ought to be doing to cause the port to show up when someone
goes looking for it?

Thanks,
david
I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to advise,
recommend, or support the use of any product that is or depends on any
Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement.