Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
Subject:   revisited - KDE not saving desktop settings

A while back, I posted a message about how KDE running
on FreeBSD 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 wouldn't save a normal
user's desktop.  That is, the icons would appear in
the upper left corner each time KDE was started, even
though they had been moved in the previous session.

A few people, who are also experiencing this problem,
have contacted me directly to see if a solution was
ever found.  The answer, finally, is "yes" - update
the sources and install the port of KDE2.  (and then
when you're tired of waiting for KDE2 to start, just
run kfm or other KDE apps from icewm!)

Just wanted post a resolution to the problem for the
archives.

Have a great day!

Andrew Gould