Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:36:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@oddjob.uchicago.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with XFree86 4.3.0

I upgraded to XFree86 4.3.0 from 4.2.0/1 today, and when I rebooted,
nothing worked. To be precise, it claims that no screens are available. My
XFree86 log file can be seen at
http://home.uchicago.edu/~dsyphers/XFree86.0.log. /etc/ttys has

ttyv8   "/usr/local/bin/kdm"            xterm   on secure

which is what worked before. Help! I am currently rebuilding XFree86
4.2.0, and until then I am stuck at a text console that freezes every 30
seconds because it's still trying to start the X sever. Thus the terse
nature of this email. Thanks,

-David