Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:25:38 -0500
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard-seibert@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with KDE

I have suddenly started receiving a strange error message when shutting down KDE 3.1. The message starts with:

FATAL : DCOP communication problem!
Jan 25 0:16:20 rcn kernel : pid 642 (kdeinit), uid ) : exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

The message repeats over and over with only the pid  number increasing with each new line of output.. I have been reduced to using a three finger salute to stop the machine and get it started again.

I am running BSD 5.2 latest version. This problem has only manifested itself within the past day.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Gerard Seibert
Gerard-seibert@rcn.com