Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:52:27 -0000
From:      "System Administrator" <sysadmin@st-james-snrgirls.w-london.sch.uk>
To:        "Mark Blackman" <mark.blackman@netscalibur.co.uk>
Cc:        "Questions@FreeBSD" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Netgear ME102

Mark

No solution came forth from our suppliers or the manufacturers (of the AP or the 10/100 Switch that sits between the AP and the
FBSD router) - they seemed stumped, though eager to help.

More recently, I downloaded and installed a firmware upgrade (to 1.4h) for the ME102 (available from the Netgear site) and have
not observed the same behavior since. It is difficult to know for sure that the "moving ARP" problem has gone for good as it
would only appear when I had a whole class-full of children hammering the Internet. Even then, only after 20 minutes or so...

That being said, I've also CVSuped our FBSD boxes to 4.5RELENG recently for other reasons which may muddy the water a bit.
Netgear have recently replied to an email stating that the firmware upgrade should not have any bearing on this problem...

Being a practical man (and abating my curiousity due to demands on my time), I am satisfied for now that the setup works. The
ME102s are excellent value for money (especially now the HE102 54Mbs APs are on sale) and seem to work a treat outside of the
problem in question.

Good luck.

Martyn Hill
IT Co-ordinator and ICT Teacher