Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:13:44 +0200
From:      "Johan Hendriks" <Johan@double-l.nl>
To:        "Unga" <unga888@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: sched_ule performance on single CPU

>Hi all

>I have noted early April that RELENG_7 is upgraded to
>sched_ule by default and gave it a try with sched_ule
>until today. My desktop is a 3GHz single Intel Pentium
>4 processor with 512MB RAM. I have noted by desktop
>response wise sched_4bsd is better, ie. the desktop is
>more responsive.

>It just noted today the version of the sched_ule.c on
>RELENG_7 is 1.214.2.2 dated 2007/12/20 and the current
>version on the CVS is 1.240 dated 2008/04/04.

>Since the FreeBSD 7.1 is planned to be released with
>sched_ule by default, why don't you guys sync the
>sched_ule.c with current so that more users like me
>who run FreeBSD 7.X (RELENG_7) can give more feedback?

>Kind regards
>Unga

The version you mentioned is in CURRENT (8.0) and proberly is not
compatible with RELENG_7 at the moment.
There have been a lot of changes to the scheduling and other stuff
commited by jeff, read jeff's  techjournal!
I recall also in the mailing list that not all of those changes are
being commited to RELENG_7

Regards,
Johan Hendriks
Double L Automatisering