Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 17:26:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help Requested - system Panic in __getcwd()

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I please solicit your assistance in solving a difficulty I am
experiencing with FreeBSD kernel, in the last day or so.

The version of the doftware in question is 3.0-current.  The CVS update of
the source tree is current as of last night (The 22nd of September).

The symptoms are a panic, in idle systems, in __getcwd.  There is a
reference to a virtual address 0x78 which appears to be invalid.

I have searched the freebsd-current mailing list dilligently and found no
mention of this problem.

In case this was already reported, please accept my apologies and view this
message as a confirmation of the problem's existance.

If there is any way in which I can be of assistance in expediting a
solution, please let me know.  I will be happy to help.

[  I hope the language in this message is meek and polite enough as to not
offend any of you which I apparently have offended in the past - an offense
I deeply regret ]

---

Sincerely Yours,                               (Sent on 23-Sep-97, 17:07:11
by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro                                                Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net          Voice:  503.643.5559, Emergency: 503.799.2313