Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:52:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca>
To:        "Ash Gokhale" <ash.gokhale@noaa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openssl upgrade confusion

And once again we're shown why technical questions are NOT to be asked
on the newbies list.  This list is NOT for technical support.  This
list is to discuss the newbie experience.  What works for you, what
wonderful things you've discovered, your experiences with FreeBSD at
home or work.  Things like that.  Consider it a coffee shop where
everyone comes after work to just shoot the breeze about life.

Technical questions should be asked on the FreeBSD-Questions mailing
list, where all the gurus and wizards lurk.  They can provide answers
that are correct on the first shot, and consistent from poster to
poster.

As for the OpenSSL issue, either wait for OpenSSL to be upgraded in
the base, then do a buildworld.  Or, install the port using
OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE (or whatever the option is called, it's listed
in the Makefile).  That's it, that's all.  Nothing in FreeBSD is ever
as complicated as the previous two posts.  :)