Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:43:35 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nelis@8ball.co.za>
To:        Didier WIROTH <didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: syslog question

--=-BNEPEFv+CdwQ9EfWWi0Z

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 14:09, Didier WIROTH wrote:
> Hi,
> I've this entry in syslog.conf (which is default):
>=20
> *.err;kern.debug;auth.notice;mail.crit          /dev/console
>=20
> I would like also to log those messages in a file called for example:
> /var/log/console.critical (I want both, /dev/console and the log file!)
>=20
> How should I modify the above line to achive this?

Hi,

If you read further down in the file you will see this:

# uncomment this to log all writes to /dev/console to /var/log/console.log
#console.info                                    /var/log/console.log

Just do as it says to log to a file as_well_as console. Change the above li=
ne
to whatever name you would like to call the file.

--=20
Nelis Lamprecht
PGP: http://www.8ball.co.za/pgp/nelis.key
"Unix IS user friendly.. It's just selective about who its friends are."

--=-BNEPEFv+CdwQ9EfWWi0Z

--=-BNEPEFv+CdwQ9EfWWi0Z--