Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 19:23:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>
To:        Thiemo Nordenholz <nordenholz@rz.tu-clausthal.de>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: SMP on P2B-DS with 2*P-II 400 - does it work?

On 19-May-99 My Secret Spies Reported That Thiemo Nordenholz  wrote:
> Hi SMPers,
>=20
> I'm going to buy an ASUS P2B-DS mainboard and 2 P-II 400 CPUs and want to
> use them with SMP and some current FreeBSD - is anyone using a similar se=
tup
> and could provide some hints what I should keep in mind when setting it u=
p?
> Does SMP work with this hardware? I've also heard rumors about the on-boa=
rd
> SCSI controller working only unstable, shall I believe that?
>=20
> Thanks for any help,
>   Thiemo

 I have been using it and it seems ok, however there seems to be an issue o=
the clocking. So top won't display cpu usage and systat -vmstat won't work =
at
all.

 I just ordered a TYAN board to test as a replacement.

  Nicole

>=20
> --=20
> Thiemo Nordenholz     stud.chem. RZ fb-mvc      nordenholz@rz.tu-claustha=
l.de
> PGP, GEEK, info: finger -l svtn@ra.rz.tu-clausthal.de      "RTFM, Don't a=
sk!"
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-smp" in the body of the message

                          | o_o  |__  ) )          =20
          nicole@nmhtech.com | http://www.webweaver.net/
webmistress@dangermouse.org  | http://www.dangermouse.org
=20