Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 03:55:07 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@ics.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Age of Darkness

"Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" wrote:
> "Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
> >
> > > I hope this doesn't mean that Amancio's -- in a fit of pique -- is going
> > > to pull a DeRaadt and form Yet-Another-BSD.
> > >
> > > Please tell me that won't happen.
> >
> > Um.  Cough.  I think we're letting paranoia get the better of us just
> > a little bit here now. :-)
>
> Paranoid? Me? What would I have to be paranoid about.
>
> > In other words, Amancio is hardly Theo.
>
> Yes. I agree it'd take a lot of work to be as bad as Theo.

I really don't want to get into an argument, but I don't think that's
particularly fair.

Lets face it,  The three *BSD groups are basically three groups of people
who have different (enough) goals, interests and methods.  The three groups
just don't really get on well together and things get rough when toes start
getting stepped on.  Whenever the mudslinging dies down, we start getting
code sharing, people co-habitating multiple groups at once, etc without
things getting too strained.  This all goes out the window every time
somebody starts a public fight that gets personal, and when the dust has
settled we discover we're right back to square one and the only winners are
the Linux and Microsoft type folks.  We all have our personality quirks
that we have to work around.

Lets end this here, let things cool down a bit and see what can be
salvaged before it gets really ugly.

Cheers,
-Peter
(Personal opinion and observations, not that of core!!)