Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 17:35:19 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Carey Nairn <Carey.Nairn@ccd.tas.gov.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Star Office (was Re: Applixware)

Randall Hopper:
 |Carey Nairn:
 | |At 14:03 11/02/97 -0500, Randall Hopper wrote:
 | |>Paul T. Root:
 | |>
 | |>Yes, works pretty well (2.2-ALPHA).
 | |>
 | |>Randall Hopper

 | |
 | |which version do you run, SCO or Linux ?
 |
 |The Linux version.  I haven't used it a lot, but for what I've worked with
 |it it seems to work OK.

However, from what I've seen first-hand and what I've heard/read,
StarOffice (Linux) is an all-around better product.  I've got 3.1b2
installed which was pretty stable, and I've heard from Linux folk that
3.1b3 is much more so.  You might check Star Office out as well.

        ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/staroffice

Randall Hopper