Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:11:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, peter@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GENERIC from today does not detect system console on my box

I had a wierder problem yesterday... I followed the new changes to the
kernel config file, and included everything that belonged there, and yet
for some reason, my kernel paniced while probing vga0 with an error number
6. I had to use a fixit floppy to get back into the system and compile a
generic kernel, and from there make a new config file. The wierd part is I
the panicing config and the non-panicing config both looked the
same... (diff showed only differences in whitespace and comments as far as
I could tell. Wierd...

| Kenneth Culver              | FreeBSD: The best NT upgrade    |
| Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
| and student at The          | AIM: muythaibxr                 |
| The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
| College Park.	              | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|