Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:39:04 +0200
From:      Carl Johan Madestrand <calle.madestrand@norrgarden.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lynx build issue

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 06:39:42AM -0700, Matt M. wrote:
> Just wondering when this will be fixed, and what's causing it. This has been
> an issue for a few days, even after cvsuping ports a few times.
>
> When i try to build, i get:
>
> ===>  lynx-2.8.2rel.1 is forbidden: Riddled with buffer overflows
> exploitable by a malicious server to execute code as the local user..
>
> Same thing happens on all 3 lynx ports.

The port has been marked as forbidden because Lynx contains a serious
security exploit as described when you try to build it.
I guess it will be fixed as soon as the buffer overflows in Lynx are gone.
If you want to go ahead and build it anyhow (being aware of the risks),
you could just remove the FORBIDDEN line in the ports Makefile.

--
- Carl Johan Madestrand <calle.madestrand@norrgarden.se>
- IRC: Lord_CJ