Date:      17 Feb 1999 14:15:44 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        "Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@home.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, nsouch@teaser.fr
Subject:   Re: lpt -> nlpt change over problem?

"Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@home.net> writes:
> There still appears to be a problem with the lpt -> nlpt
> change over that recently occurred. In my custom kernel
> configuration I still had [I'm running 4.0-CURRENT]:

> 	device lpt0 at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr
>
> My kernel config-ed correctly, but errored during the build
> (no surprise).
>
> Shouldn't I get a warning of some sort during the "config KERNEL"
> step?

No, because lpt0 is a valid device, since nlpt has been renamed to
lpt. Your kernel config should read:

device		ppc0	at isa? port? tty irq 7
controller	ppbus0 at ppc0
device		lpt0	at ppbus?

You might want to add more ppbus devices, such as:

device		plip0	at ppbus?
device		ppi0	at ppbus?

(see the man pages for more devices)

OBTW, if you're runninc 4.0 you should be aware that the "vector
xxxintr" stuff is deprecated and serves no purpose (it's overridden by
values hardcoded into every driver). Just remove that part from every
device line in your kernel config.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no